Friday, March 19, 2010

Self - Portriat, What I want to portray

What is a Self- Portrait?
Is an extension of who I am as a person inside and out. It a representation of my emotions, dreams and characteristics.

What are the distinctive things that make me "me"?
I am a very outgoing and funny person. I care about animals and children deeply. I really want to make a name for myself as a teacher and help influence the lives of other.
How do I want people to see me?
I want people to see me as a funny and caring person. I want to show my love for all things and the compassion I have for the world.
How can I express my many different sides?
I like to use color as an extension of myself using calm colors like blues to represent my calmness and hot colors like reds to show my inner passions.
How can I reinvent myself for various purposes or times in my life?
Depending on what the scenario is conform to what is asked of me. If it involves professionalism I will tones down my crazy side and show my more organized punctual side of me. I am always reinventing myself from a day to day basis.
How am I changing from day to day or year to year?
Day to day I am changing and growing as a person trying to better myself and reach for my goals. I want to have a good future and achieve all my dreams and aspirations. In order to do so I've stepped away from my past where there was no hopr of achieving anything and found the road that lead me to the present to become that person I am deep inside.
Who do I want to become?
I want to become a inspiration art teacher that touches the lives of the children I have in my classroom. I want to be the force behind the passion they develop and the person to come to for the drive they need. I want to become a partner for my girlfriend and eventually marry. I want to have a family and live a happy and fulfilling life.



Here are two self portraits of artists that I really like:Chuck Close and Andy Warhol




I choose these two artist but I like that style in which they work.
Andy Warhol has always thought outside the box and has has been very inspirational for me. Chuck Close as well has a very unwie style in which he paints that i find genius. I would like to somehow incorporate what they have done into my own self-portrait.

http://digital-photography-school.com/self-portrait-photography-tips

this was a really helpful website. it gave a a lot of useful tips on how to take a picture to work with and how tp create a powerful self-portrait. I will definitely be referring back to this website while going through the process of my own piece.

7 comments:

  1. Pam, Great answers for your creating a self portrait assignment. I can tell you put a lot of thought into developing what you may want to do and the pictures from Chuck Close and Andy Warhol are both great examples for inspirations. Overall great blog, I like your layout just watch for spelling errors in your postings. Sounds like you're learning a lot about these programs we've been introduced to and are begginning to get more comfortable with using them for other assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The self portraits you choose to display, are very unique and offer an interesting way to view the artist. I agree, color is a great way to express different sides of you, and you can choose outfits to reflect this everyday. I like how art education shows up in many of these responses, as it shows you are really dedicated to the field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I like the self portraits that you chose for this assignment. I can only imagine what your own self portrait would look like if you combined the styles of Warhol and Close. The link that you gave will definitely be useful in the future. There seems to be a lot of information on that site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PAM!!!!!!!! the self portraits are great. You used a wonderful mess of words to describe yourself. I enjoyed that. I also like the images you chose as well. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you said that a self-portrait is a representation of your dreams. I never thought about it like that. That opens another dimension in ways you can express yourself in your art, that's really cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is awesome that you know yourself so well that you can define yourself so clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, this is very engaging. I love it, I am very proud of you. You are such a beautiful person, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete