Friday, February 19, 2010

Adobe Illustrator

I recently went onto the Adobe website and check out a couple of videos on Adobe Illustrator. I one never knew that they had a website that gave instructional videos which I thought was wonderful, and two never knew there was so much more you can do within Illustrator. Most of the time when you go one to these websites they give you text-ed introduction on what to do. But as a visual learner I saw it as really helpful to have a video aid in guiding me how to use the different tools adobe illustrator had to offer. I got me excited to want to try new techniques within this platform. I especially liked the video on the pen tool. I never knew about anchor point and handles and how you can draw over what you just did with your cursor within 12pxls. to make the line exactly what you wanted it to be. You can use these similar techniques with the paint and pencil tools as well and what was also really neat was that you can change the type of paint brush stoke to allow it to mimic real paint brushes. Another great piece of information I got was use shapes. It explain how to change the number of points in squares and starts how to move it through the pages and scale it using proportion, Another great feature with the shapes is that you can rework the corner to customize the shape you are looking for. I can now see how limitless adobe illustrator is and if you have it in your mind you can easily translate your ideas on to the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment