Thursday, February 25, 2010

Creating a LOGO

Creating a logo may seem simple at first but as I found in actuality it is a lot harder than it looks. Logo's are limitless in there design and there are so my directions you can take it in. For some visual aids on what other did I checked out this website called LogoPond which had many different logo upload to the page for people to view. Here a link if you would like to take a look as well. http://logopond.com/all/. It was really wonderful to see all the different takes people had on their logo design. Some were just text of one letter maybe two others just had a drawing design and some incorporated both.I'd like to think that this help me decide in the direction I would like to go in for my logo but at the same time I've thought of so many other direction to try I need some more hashing out of ideas. All in all I'm excited to get back into Adobe Illustrator and begin some new ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, i agree, deciding upon the design for a personal logo is quite difficult. There are so many variables to take into consideration before you even begin working on it; what best represents you, how to communicate that visually, are you going to use images or just text etc. Then you finally get some images down in the form of thumbnails, but again, its a struggle to decide which one communicates your idea the best. Personally, i had to do a lot of sketches and brainstorming, but i ultimately came to, what i feel, was a solid solution. I also found the most complex ideas or ones that try to incorporate all of the ideas into one image aren't always the best; the old "less is more" adage.

    ReplyDelete